Monday, February 21, 2011

Long Interruption

It has been a long time between posts.  I did not want it to be this long.  I just did not feel I had the time to even do just the basic research that Barry Larkin deserved from me to highlight his career.  I know my posts will not convince anyone to change their opinion.  I am only hoping to get that dialogue started.  Maybe someone else will use it as a starting point to jump in deeper.  I am sure I will go into more depth with some than other candidates. 

On a second note, I want to address the idea of lowering the percentage of the vote for gaining election.  The starting point came from http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/7328/hall-of-fame-should-lower-voting-threshold
I think it is a good idea.  As has been pointed out, this would just speed up the process for people who deserve enshrinement.  I believe in making the process as quick as possible.  The long weight is unnecessary.  A Hall of Famer is a Hall of Famer.  If they get in more quickly, that is better.  It gives him a longer time to enjoy the benefits of being in the Hall.  It is no harm to anyone to speed up the Hall process.  It will be such a shame for Ron Santo to be elected in the first election after his death.  Let us not make anyone else go through that process.   

No comments:

Post a Comment